1. They connects us to how we want to feel.
How do you want to feel for the day?
Want to embody a bad ass boss vibe? Want to feel more low key and comforting? Want to express your rebellious bold self? Want to feel more adventurous and fun today? Look at your closet and identify certain outfits or pieces that help you connect to how you want to feel for the day.
We are so inherently tied to our feelings and our clothes can help us connect to them on a deeper level.
2. The colours we wear can affect our mood.
When I wear red, it totally shifts my mood. If I am feeling bold, I wear red. When I want to feel sexy, I wear black lace. When I wear white, I feel light and bright. When I wear pink, I feel feminine. Studies have proven that colour affects our mood, so give you mood an extra boost and wear a colour that can affect you in a positive way.
I can feel JOY when I catch a glimpse of the colours I'm wearing throughout the day.
3. It's a nonverbal communication...
Why am I busting style myths?
Because I've heard the 1000s of reasons as to why women have put limitations on expressing themselves in their style.
For years, we have been operating on an assumption that there is a "right or wrong" way to express ourselves in our clothes. I am here to break those down for you, because I hate rules, I hate limitations and I hate when others try to tell me what to do. I get to choose how I want to feel and how I get to express it and I want the same thing for YOU.
I want women to feel joy, freedom and excitement in their wardrobes like they did when they were kids. I don’t believe we will get there by having limitations placed on us. Limitations based on our size OR age.
Style Myth #1:
"I have to lose weight before I deserve to wear clothes that I love."
First off, this statement operates under the belief that you cannot feel good in your clothes if you live in a bigger body or in any body that is not "thin". So many women in bigger bodies are...
If you live in a place where the air hurts your face, then you will also need something to warm your feet for all the occasions in your life. Maybe you only have one pair that isn't cutting it for work AND the hockey rink or maybe the ones you have a falling a part and you are not sure what to invest in.
So today, I am sharing my favourite winter boots that have kept my feet warm these past few years. I will also be sharing links to the ones I have or ones similar. You are going to be seeing winter boots that are great for every day wear, for work, special occasion and for outdoor play!
On days where the snow doesn't go past my knees, I love wearing my favourite Bos & Co. Belfield boots in Prune. My feet are cold from October to May, so I break out these babies in the Fall because they are a great ankle boot to wear with my cropped pants. I still wear them all Winter long with my all of my jeans and even with some dresses. I fell in love with this colour...
1. Be Comfortable. Wear what you are comfortable in and that represents your own style and profession. You don’t want to be wearing something you feel uncomfortable in or doesn’t represent who you are. Getting pictures or taking videos can be uncomfortable enough. Wear a favourite outfit that is more elevated then your everyday wear. This will help you feel more confident and it will show on camera! You want your outfit to represent YOU.
2. Fit is King: FIT is KING. Get hemlines or sleeves altered. If something is too small or too big, don’t wear it or get it altered. You will feel it and be uncomfortable, so chose something that shows off your beautiful shape.
3. Colours. Go for solid colours and stay away from geometric patterns as it can be distorted on video. I recommend avoiding red, orange, black or white, as they are not good colours on camera. Jewel tones are the cameras friend. Choose solid...