Dear Beauty & "Health" Industry,
I would like to share 10 things that I would greatly benefit your business. I believe that it can teach you how to better interact, sell and market to women who no longer want to be or feel ashamed of the way they look.
1. We already have bikini-ready bodies. You don't need to tell us how great we will look in it if we diet and exercise.
2. We are going to look beautiful in our wedding dress no matter our size. Thanks anyway.
3. Tracking and measuring our food makes us obsessed with a stupid number and fosters fear of food, not being healthy.
4. Scales are stupid.
5. There is no such thing as a goal weight - our size does not determine if we are a good or bad person. You're not going to lose 50 lbs and automatically love yourself more. You have to change your mindset and motivation FIRST. If you can't love yourself at 200 lbs, you won't magically love yourself at 150 lbs.
6. Shaming us for what we eat and restricting what we eat creates...
This Fall I decided to live with less and decided to hold off buying any new clothes for the month of October. So, to kick this off, I did 10x10 Challenge and invited others to join me. That means I chose 10 items in my wardrobe and I wore them 10 different ways over 10 days.
WHY? (to find out what I learned, keep reading!)
THE BASIC GUIDELINES
Any core closet item you choose counts as a part of your 10 items. For example:
Keep in mind these are guidelines! If you don’t wear dresses, then...
I live in a small, but mighty city in Atlantic Canada. Its residents sometimes refer to it as Saint Awesome or YSJ, but on a map, it is called Saint John. It is located in the picturesque Province of New Brunswick and you will find it nestled by the Atlantic Ocean. I love Saint John for numerous reasons. One of those reasons is our amazing entrepreneurs and small businesses. We have those who were born and raised in Saint John and those who are CHOOSING our city to set up shop and follow their passion. As a Personal Stylist, I love to support my local boutique shops when I take my clients shopping and especially when I shop for myself.
Outfit #1: Tee:In Pursuit, Sneakers: Urban Shoe Myth, Pants: Paula's Pics
The In Pursuit Mobile Truck of my favourite local shops and it happens to be an industry disruptor. She can drive her shop ANYWHERE!! Dominique Leger started her mobile PINK truck 5 seasons ago and not only has she rocked her...